Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Dream’in

GoogleEarthWhile looking out at the Seattle winter grayness it is fun to relive this summer’s journeys. I pulled from the navigation computer the tracks recorded by the software.  I’ve exported them into a file that can be opened in Google Earth (software available here). 

The file has an individual track for each day we traveled so the little blue arrowhead symbol usually represents an anchorage.  There are a few “bonus” anchorages caused by when I had to restart the navigation software and a new track was created.  When you zoom in and see a symbol away from shore and with no obvious anchorage around, that is probably what happened.

Try as I might, I can’t get the above link to open directly in a download dialog box. Instead it takes you to a Microsoft Live web page from which you have to select download in order to get it onto your local computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment