Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Great Firewall of China

File this under the "don't commit to something you can't control" department.  A few weeks ago I sent out a message with our relocated blog site (http://mvalpenglow.blogspot.com).  I had great intentions of posting regular updates to the blog site during our visit to China for the final inspection of our new boat.  Well I didn't reckon with the "Great Firewall of China." 

China has chosen to protect its citizens from some material on the Internet by filtering out "offensive" web sites.  As it turns out, our blog site host, blogspot.com (a service of Google), is on that list.  I can neither read nor post to our blog site.  I tried one work around but that was blocked as well.

Rather than spend all my time trying to circumvent the Chinese governments efforts, I acceded to them and have not posted to my blog site while in China.  Currently we are in Hong Kong to clear out our storage facility and have unfiltered Internet access.  I will now try to catch up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment